We aim to provide the most useful and practical guide on the web for learning how to build renewable energy systems yourself.
We have designed this site so we could keep on testing products – and eventually make a few of our own. Call us crazy or self-deluded, but we felt it would be a good idea to conduct ourselves on these principles:
- We assume you do not necessarily understand how these systems work and want some education.
- We encourage you to start small and to learn by doing, not just by reading.
- We are do-it-yourself-type people so naturally we encourage you to be the same. We made mistakes; maybe you will too. So what? The benefit is that if you make it yourself, you can also repair it. We feel this attitude is very, very important in the world whose infrastructure is rapidly becoming as reusable as an exploding alarm clock.
- We will be adding many more articles over time, and will modify them as we get feedback from readers.
- We endorse the best products we have found and personally tested.
- We finance this site using the commissions earned from product sales. However, we will not recommend any product we did not personally evaluate and find useful.
- Where a product has shortcomings, we will tell you. If it is an educational or training product which is basically very good but yet has shortcoming, we will provide you with free supplementary material to fill in the gaps – if you use our links to order the product (so we get the commission!).
- We encourage your constructive suggestions. Pointless criticism will be composted and your electrons recycled.