Earth4Energy is a complete training package for planning, constructing, and installing solar energy systems. Overall, the instruction provided is clear and comprehensive. If you follow the instructions, you will have a fully functional solar energy system for a fraction of the cost of a professionally installed system.
Earth4Energy is a top DIY solar training on the market. It was the first comprehensive DIY solar product and consists of a mature set of training materials well worth the $49 price tag. The videos alone are worth the full price, as they clearly demonstrate the step-by-step building of the system.
The components of the training kit include:
- 8 How-to videos covering:
- Electrical fundamentals
- Solar power systems, comprehensive overview
- Tools required for building the panel
- How to build it
- Sizing a solar power system
- Connecting a solar panel system to the grid
- 1 manual to accompany the videos
- 1 US Dept of Energy Consumer’s Guide to Solar Energy
- 1 sample guidelines for residential/commercial solar energy system installation
- 1 compiled manual containing detailed electrical info relevant to solar power systems
- Structural approach is less durable than GreenDIYEnergy’s.
- Videos are professionally produced, but with voiceover that comes off as artificial.
- No energy audit system is provided.
- No mention of limitations of the homemade system versus manufactured system.
- Manual is poorly illustrated.
- High stress environments are not addressed.
- Video demonstrating each step is quite detailed and worth the full price alone.
- Manuals are clear, complete, and more than enough to help you properly size, install, and handle regulatory issues
- Instruction provides training that will enable the user to not only build the solar energy system, but also repair it should any part become damaged.